Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Holistic Community, Kenya » Day 5 – 11th Jan

Woke up nice and early today and said all my necessary prayers. I felt so good when I left my bed. What was I excited about, I don’t know. i did my full on practice today, my cough and cold is slowly getting better, oh how nice to swallow without that little tightness and dryness at Visudhi chakra. Visudhi Chakra, is the 5th Chakra (Energy Center) in our body, it is located at the pit of the throat, it governs speech, its organ, vocal cords and it is also a center for purification. Its no wonder why our mucus often get trapped there. It helps to clear that mucus so it does go down the air/oxygen passage and it purifies it at that space. Most importantly, the nature of Visudhi is cool and its element is space! It makes me wonder, is that why when we have a cold, the throat is effected, and it spreads in space that everyone can catch your cold.

I love the study of chakras and energy centers and I feel blessed to have a knowledge of them through my study of yogic philosophy and teachings. It really changed my life and the way I view my body and mind and all others that is affected by this mind body complex. So this is what I was thinking about this morning! No did not think about food or coffee!

Felt a bit lonely though, I wondered, what about rolling and being passionate with someone! What about romance and love making? Yeah what about them. There was a rising tendency towards it and I found myself alone, with God, my breath and the thought of my Guru! Ah, this is also an energy, if I am not this body, this sensations and not this mind, what the heck am I? I am the awareness that I had all those thoughts this morning, and that awareness is telling me, that all of that was an illusion! What? Never mind!

Had the most awesome banana, mango, avocado and orange smoothy again this morning. I was busy preparing my calender of events for the year and it seem like a nice time of the year to be doing this raw food and the weather is so good, warm and full of lovely delicious fruits. I had an apple, a whole paw paw, the other half of the sweet melon all throughout the morning! It was great working with Charles, who kept me occupied so I did not have to think about coffee or anything else but work!

Then I went out to Lunch at a Japanese restaurant! I told myself I am not going to do raw fish this year, guess what? Could not resist it!  I had some white snapper raw mixed with some avocados and mixed green and the rocket on the top just gave a nice sweet bitterness to it.  I did not like the soya sauce dressing though!  My best friend Lainie told me not to be so fussed and told me, if it tastes good just eat it. I couldn’t! The salt was too much, so I told them to do it again, and I mixed the dressing myself. Yes, yummy lunch. Won’t go back there in a hurry though because right now, my throat feels kindda dry again, and I could drink a liter of water now, no problem.

Nothing for dinner! Perhaps a whole watermelon! Not hungry at all! So far loving this raw journey!

Love and Light
Fazilah Bazari

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment