Friday, April 27, 2012

A Review of Yubari Melon Kit Kat | That Food Cray !!!

Posted April 28th, 2012 by & filed under Snacks.

SONY DSC

Yubari Melon Kit Kat

Taste: 4.5
Creativity: 5
Flavor Accuracy: 5 (I’ve never eaten a $15,320 USD Yubari Melon, so i’m rating this against the best cantaloupe I’ve ever had)
Scent: 4

Crayscale !!!

I don’t think I’m alone when I say I’m absolutely obsessed with novelty Kit Kats! I’ve been on the prowl for special edition Kit Kats ever since I had my first taste of the Matcha Green Tea Kit Kat — still one of my all time favorites. I regret not photographically documenting all the previous ones I’ve gotten my hands on including, Ginger Ale, Royal Milk Tea, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Tiramisu, Zunda, Caramel Pudding, Blueberry Cheesecake and more but hopefully if I stumble upon them I’ll revisit them.

I found the Yubari Melon Kit Kat a few months ago at City Super, an upscale super market in Hong Kong. I’m glad I went HAM and bought a few boxes, each containing 4 bars each. :)

What are Yubari Melons? Yubari Melons are a type of cantaloupe farmed in Yūbari, Hokkaidō in Japan. These melons are incredibly sweet and known as the world’s best melons! According to Wikipedia, in 2008, two Yubari King melons were sold for ¥2.5 million Japanese Yen which is equivalent to $30,640 U.S dollars!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? 15,320 for 1 melon! That Yubari Melon CRAY !!!


I was expecting this to be orange when I opened it so I wasn’t convinced it would taste like cantaloupe.


Physical appearance aside, it smelt like melon!


AND IT TASTED LIKE MELON!!! :):):)

Tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment